Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dear lord, I've been a bad girl.. Again....

But how could I resist? After a long hard fucked up day at work, were I also got sacked like a sack of potatoes the day before.. Maybe not exactly, but that's how it feels. It's not that bad, or lets face it it is (need to stay positive, need to stay....). I can't seem to make up my mind about how bad it is, but here's how it goes: I've been working at the same project for some years now, after quitting my interior design school, thinking this would get me somewhere and also not having the heart to watch it go down the drain. The guy who was running the project before me got so sick of it he couldn't stand it anymore and all he wanted to do was to hide in bed all day with the covers over his head (that's how fun it is, so I should be glad). That's when I came in the picture as I was the only other one with any knowledge about it, which I must say was fairly minor at the time.. I jumped in to save it, like Wonder Woman on a train wreck, worked my ass off, managed to turn the fast downgoing graph upwards. And here I am a few years later, our company merged with an other big company this year. That's when everything changed. For the last years I've been working as an assistant on the project with a colleague, after teaching her what ever I knew about it so she could run it. This seems to have made me to the extra potato on the plate that they now don't need any more, as we are a bigger company than before and they have different ways of doing things. Instead they offered me 50% work at the front desk, and joy they want me to still go on with the project and do what ever I have been doing, the fun part is that they want to cut it down to 15 h a week (it's most of the time a 80% job, sometimes more than 100%). Someone must believe in miracles on the company board. They also said that maybe I can do it while I do my tasks at the front desk.. Someone looking for a two in one toy? My fine superior also wanted to know what I have been studying, he laughed a bit when I told him (the rotten bastard). Obviously he didn't think it was very relevant, and it's not at all. But what he seems to forget is that I have been in the business for several years now and I have experience, not only from this project. All I can say is, it's bloody hell by time to look for something new!!

It was after leaving work Tuesday, the day after the disasterous day, after having the ground underneath me being pulled away... Yes I did sin. The worse weather ever, rain pooring down like someone was standing with a waterhose up there and deliberately pointing it at us, the wind blowing it up underneath the useless umbrella making everything wet. Giving us a strange longing for full rubber costumes, fully water proofed and tried out for decades at sea by rough fishermen! Glorious autumn weather. That's when we decided to seek shelter from the weather at Last Train, a little rock bar down town. Coming in we saw them rigging up their equipment. Concert! On a Tuesday? One beer later and the desission was made, lets stay to check it out! (It usually starts with one beer, doesn't it)? More people coming and slowly filling up, turning out it is a release party. Some champagne later, a few beer and chillinuts they started. And WOW, what a pleasent surprise!! The band Seven were well worth the wait and the 80,- that they charged us for staying!!:D A sort of poped rock music. I really loved the cords, the beat, the vocal, yes the whole sound! Finding a new band that you like, is like finding a jewle among stones!! Long story short, Great night! Getting to talk to the bandmembers afterwards was really a plus. I love the small stage concerts, such a different feeling than the big productions.. Hmmm and guess what? One of the two cd's that was thrown off of stage landed softly in my lap, just where it belonged, after bouncing off some guys chest and hitting my love's hand!;) Karma?

Ps: Also worth mentioning, later on that night we were offered 7 weeks of FREE dancing classes in salsa by some salsa instructor from a dance school down town!! He thought we had such a good spark and connection when we were dancing lol... Though my man think he's just trying to be smart because he wants to dance with me hahha, call me naive, but I like thinking that he was genuinly nice! Hve to have some faith in people. Guess it will be salsa from now on! And my sin? Well, being out in the middle of the week again (no need to say the next day were spent in front of the computer like a zombie, working home)... But with all of that coming, I'm sure I'm allready forgiven;) A little ash on my wings allways suited me anyway..

Much love,
Soon to be SalsaMary (not to be confused with the hotsauce;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogglisten Bloggurat